Elation users now have the ability to sync their Elation Schedule with Google Calendar. With Google Calendar 2-Way Sync, your independent practice can easily keep track of patient appointment and personal events in the same place. By using this feature, you can see patient appointments on your mobile device, reduce booking errors like double bookings, and manage your time even more effectively than before.
Why use Google Calendar 2-Way Sync?
When your work and personal calendars don’t talk to one another bad things happen, costing you time and money. Now you can take your Elation patient schedule with you wherever you go with Google Calendar 2-Way syncing. It’s HIPAA compliant, easy to activate and ensures you make the most of your time with your patients.
Some of the biggest benefits of activating Google Calendar Sync include:
- Real-time views of your work and personal events in Elation or Google Calendar.
- View your Elation calendar when you’re on the go.
- Reduce the chance of double bookings.
- Make the most of your availability.
How to get started with Google Calendar Sync
Activating Google Calendar Sync is easy.
- Log into your Elation provider account.
- Click on your name in the top right corner, and choose ‘settings’.
- Click Google Calendar Sync from the user settings panel on the left.
- Click ‘connect’ and authenticate your Google account.
- Choose the calendars you wish to sync, then click save.
How to get the most out of Google Calendar Sync
Once set up, all patient appointments will show up on your Google Calendar in a HIPAA compliant way, while personal events populate your Elation schedule at your desired level of privacy.
For personal events syncing from Google → Elation, the provider will have an option of whether to make their personal information private or public from the Google Calendar Sync settings.
Providers also have the option to make their selected Google Calendars visible to themselves or to staff to have further control over their calendar.
Google Events can also be used to block availability in Elation by blocking patients from being able to schedule during unavailable events. Practice staff will have the ability to book over Google Events in Elation at the discretion of the practice.
For more information and details on Google Calendar Sync, check out this help article.
Click below to start using this feature: